Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Car won't lock, won't release hatch, BCM issue?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 08:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't lock, won't release hatch, BCM issue?

I know this kind of questions was asked many times before but still mine will be different.

I have European version of 2001 Camaro V6.
- the car is possible to unlock using key fob button, but it won't lock
- it is possible to lock it ussing power door locks button on the driver doors though
- remote hatch release does not react too, not even clicks anywhere

I tried to program new key fobs (with the same P/N) but BCM does not accept them. I also tried to re-program the original key fob that unlocks the car but this one is not accepted in the BCM programming mode as well.

I looked at the BCM and haven't see any bad joints or burnt spots. The chips seem to be fine. But still there's one strange thing - in addition to the 3 original connectors there's blue-brown wire coming to the BCM box and directly welded to one spot in the circuit I bet this isn't normal right?
There is lot of wiring and there are also some fuses located in the wiring just below the BCM - are they supposed to be there?
Old 03-24-2015, 08:17 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

Sorry if you tried this, but I have to ask. Did you try changing the battery in the good remote?

Does the hatch release button in the dash work?
Old 03-24-2015, 09:06 AM
Teching In

I haven't changed the battery, but I totally cleaned the guts of the original key fob. It otherwise works perfectly, but just unlocks, nothing else.

Unfortunately I don't have the hatch-release button but I'm thinking of adding one. Just to know which wire to BCM shall be grounded...?
Old 03-24-2015, 12:52 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyCZ
I haven't changed the battery
That may be one thing to try - or switch it out with one of your new remotes to eliminate the battery from contention. You may also try using just the internals without the rubber buttons to eliminate that as an issue. (I've had remotes where something plastic/rubber breaks and the outer button doesn't make good contact with the button soldered in to the circuit board.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:08 PM
Teching In

Ok, I'll try that but I'm bit afraid that I won't be able to resync the original remote anymore.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:25 PM
Teching In

So, I changed the buttons, battery and case but kept the original fob printed circuit. Still no luck. I can only unlock the car. I cannot re-pair the remote.

Quick Reply: Car won't lock, won't release hatch, BCM issue?