Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

wiring the sub need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring the sub need help

I bought a ws6 a week ago and the previous owner had a flip up stereo that I'm not a fan of...today I took out the Sony headunit from my camaro to do a swapped and after hooking everything up with the respective colors I lost my sub...how can I wire it to my stereo?
Old 03-30-2015, 12:17 AM
TECH Addict

by "sub" do you mean aftermarket subwoofer or the 6.5" sail panels? if aftermarket did you connect the RCA's and remote wire, which you likely used to wire to the power antenna.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:29 AM
Staging Lane

I mean the aftermarket one and no I didn't...how do I go about doing that
Old 03-30-2015, 12:49 AM
TECH Addict

the blue wire on the Sony radio wire harness, that you likely wired to the blue wire on the harness adapter needs to connect to the subwoofer amp remote wire (which might not be blue depending on the "amp install kit" used, as for the RCA's I assume you know what they are, they hook to either the subwoofer out RCA ports of if those don't exist the rear out RCA ports. Post up the model number of your Sony unit and we can look up the unit and I can point out where said connections are on the headunit.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:22 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

I suspect that the original sub amp was connected through a LOC rather than RCA cables because it would have been obvious that any RCA cables behind the head unit needed to be plugged in when he was swapping. Connecting the blue amp remote turn-on wire may be all that's necessary to get it working again.

Quick Reply: wiring the sub need help