Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone installed the Kicker 41KSS674's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 09:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone installed the Kicker 41KSS674's?

http://www.kicker.com/41KSS674

I'm going to try them out for my camaro front doors. They are components where you can mount the tweeter in the middle of the mid, just like the factory speakers. They also have built-in crossovers so no need to find somewhere to mount them. I'll report back if no one else has them.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:55 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Those are expensive! You can get CDT coaxially mounted component speakers from Kee Audio for about 2/3 the price.

BTW, the included crossovers are neither necessary nor useful since the mids and tweeters are already on separate filtered channels from the Monsoon amp (crossovers take just one channel and split it into two for the components).
Old 04-19-2015, 08:15 AM
Teching In

I run all kicker speakers in all my cars. The KS line is great for good sound in Stock locations. I say go for it.

I was actually thinking about running some qs series in my car as they can be bi-amplified through the factory crossover, so I could wire them into the monsoon wiring real easy until I get around to installing my own amps and subs.

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 04-19-2015 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Non-sponsor contact info removed
Old 04-19-2015, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Those are expensive! You can get CDT coaxially mounted component speakers from Kee Audio for about 2/3 the price.

BTW, the included crossovers are neither necessary nor useful since the mids and tweeters are already on separate filtered channels from the Monsoon amp (crossovers take just one channel and split it into two for the components).
X2 on the price. You can get a good component set for around $150.

I would love to see people stop using the stock amp and run a aftermarket amp, head unit, and speakers. The sound will be much better.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:51 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackCowl
X2 on the price. You can get a good component set for around $150.

I would love to see people stop using the stock amp and run a aftermarket amp, head unit, and speakers. The sound will be much better.
Actually, there's nothing wrong with the Monsoon amp. It's somewhat underpowered but it produces clean sound when given a clean signal. Even the factory speakers aren't too bad at producing nice sound. Unfortunately, they're cheaply made and don't last long. The factory head unit is the usual cause of complaints about sound quality in a Monsoon system.

Sure, one can put together a better sounding (or more powerful, or both) system using all aftermarket items but that's not necessary for those who don't want to go to the trouble of installing an amp and rewiring the entire system. They can have a good sounding system using the factory wiring and amplifier by just replacing the head unit and upgrading the speakers - usually for less money.

It all depends on what the owner wants in a sound system. But a blanket statement that everyone should go completely aftermarket in order to have a good sounding system is not true.

Quick Reply: Anyone installed the Kicker 41KSS674's?