Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Turn Signal Issues at Night on a '99 Trans Am A4

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 09:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signal Issues at Night on a '99 Trans Am A4

Hey everyone,

I've been having my car for a month now and I have been having this problem ever since owning the car. During the day my turn signal lights work fine when it comes to flashing. On the other hand, when I have headlamps on and fog lights too. I put on my turn signal light to either left or right indicator, it won't flash. Any Ideas? (before having this problem, I replaced both the orange bulb on the driver and passenger side; along with the drivers side DRL socket because, the bulbs would always appear more dimmer than the passenger side. I did fix that that problem but now I just want my signal lights to flash at night.) '99 Trans Am A4

Any ideas & solutions are welcomed.

Last edited by LTX_Alex; 04-29-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:50 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 278 Likes on 242 Posts

Judging by the description and the photo of wires twisted together in your other thread, I suspect you have a wiring problem.

Each socket has three wires...
- brown is parking/running light power (hot when the headlights are on)
- blue is DRL/turn signal power (hot when the ignition is on and parking brake is off, flashing when the turn signals are on)
- black is ground

Use a test light or multimeter to check that you have the right wires connected. I'd guess you have a problem with the ground wire so the two filaments are grounding through each other but when both circuits are live (headlights and turn signals) there is no ground.

Quick Reply: Turn Signal Issues at Night on a '99 Trans Am A4