Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Another "what's the best" thread.. Mid Bass

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 03:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another "what's the best" thread.. Mid Bass

What are the best mid bass drivers out there right now? NOT for the stock system, just in general.
The rest of my system is complete, but I need a mid bass.
I have an alpine 9815HU, infinity kappa perfect components in the doors, and infinity kappa 4.1's in the rear sail panels. An Audiobahn 6 X 75 watt amp (model number escapes me right now) to push the mid's and highs, so I need a mid!
sub: A/D/S R12 in the spare tire well pushed by an audiobahn a8000T at 2 ohms.

Help?
Old 06-16-2004, 02:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Are you looking for a midbass? Or a midrange? If I was truely looking for a midbass, I'd go with a pair of 8"s high passed at about 90Hz. If you want to use the stock locations and HAVE to have a 6 1/2".... the Adire Audio Koda gets pretty low....Adire claims something like 70Hz linear in car. Pretty impressive. I'm running Adire all the way around in my car. If you plan on using them strickly for a midbass, you'll want both HP and LP filters on them..... your amp have that? It might be time to go active. If you're looking for a midrange.... what's wrong with your components?
Old 06-16-2004, 03:56 PM
TECH Regular

Absolutley nothing wrong with the components, the infinities are awesome, but I need some rear fill too. Right now i just have a cheap set of memphis audio 2 ways back there. I suppose you would call it mid range. I'm looking for something to go in the stock location that will keep up with the infinities, they do great all the way down to 75 hz. If I could find another set without the tweeters I would grab them My amp has one set of outputs with a low pass xover, i'd put them there. I need them to handle 500hz down.