Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Putting CD player in 95 Z28....please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 01:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Putting CD player in 95 Z28....please help

Alright i bought a cd player off a good friend of mine...it was working perfect i was there when he took it out and i know it works....well i go to buy a wiring harness for it and they tell me i have a factory amp in my car because of the bose system. So i hafta buy an adapter kit for the amp. I end up purchasing a scosche blue box thing for the amp and a adapter kit for the harness. Well we hook it all up and the radio comes in all static the antenna is hooked up and everything. It sounds like when you have the radio full blast before music comes on but there is music in the background but it doesn't sound good at all. I think it is a bad ground because that blue box adapter thing has it's own ground but we grounded it with the other ones...does it need a dedicated ground? And also the CD player portion of it doesn't work? What could be causing these two problems....any help would be appreciated....thank you. P.S. Also on the blue box it has gain adjustments for the speakers....we did adjust them all...and it also has three switches on the side and we tried all three..
Old 06-25-2004, 08:37 AM
STF Veteran

The amplifier should accept hi level inputs (speaker level), and everytime I've put a Head Unit in a camaro, I've never used an adapter box. I'd try your connections without the box.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:37 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah i've heard a couple of people say that....sounds like a plan we'll see what happens thanx for the advice