Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Aftermarket Head Unit...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 12:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 581 Likes on 404 Posts

Since the truck is not go be a daily driver.... I think Sirius XM key of be a waste of money monthly. Might buy a flash drive for the usb port or use my aux cord.

Do you guys know the difference between Spotify and Pandora?
Old 02-01-2018, 07:21 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

At one time Pandora was basically an online radio where you could create "stations" which had music that was selected to be similar to what you started with. You could approve or disapprove of individual songs and it would gradually learn your preferences so that you would have a station that played music you like. But, until recently, you couldn't select individual songs or the order in which they were played - you basically had a "my favorites" radio station that played tracks in the order it determined (the free version is still that way)

Spotify has always been an "on demand" service allowing you to select the exact tracks you wanted and creating playlists for the order you want them. As such it has a somewhat more extensive library although Pandora's recent purchase of Rdio has brought them close.

Both services have free versions as well as free trials of their premium paid versions so you might want to just try them and see which you prefer. Also, Googling "Pandora vs Spotify" will get you plenty of comparisons.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Head Unit...