Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

99 Trans Am Gauge Cluster Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 11:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 99 Trans Am Gauge Cluster Issue

I have a issue with my gauge cluster where a lot or all of the dash lights are lit up (low coolant level, check gauges, air bag, brake, service engine, ABS inop, low tach, oil change, low oil, trunk lid) No RPMs, The gauges have no engine temp, low oil pressure, low battery amps, no fuel level but my speedometer does work? While going down the road this would happen. Then all of a sudden it would flash and the gauges would all swing to the right and back to not reading again? Checked the battery connections and then checked the battery condition all is fine? Checked negative and positive cables, all looks good? AC works, I did have the cruise on and when I turned my lights on it would cancel the cruise? I have no idea what's going on with it? I dropped it off at a dealership that had it several days and they couldn't figure it out either but was leaning toward a alternator issue? I have heard that maybe the stepping motors in the gauge cluster are bad? This car is hardly ever driven and has sat for awhile but I do keep a battery tender on it. Any help or ideas out there would be appreciated.

Last edited by RAMAIR1; 02-11-2020 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Problem resolved

Quick Reply: 99 Trans Am Gauge Cluster Issue