Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

driverside power window.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driverside power window.

To begin with thanks for having me here.
I currently have a 2000 ls1 trans am, my driver side power window was not going up every now and then, now it is just stuck down, i have checked the fuse/relay, and i have removed the body control module to re solder the radio/window points that are giving some people issues and nothing works. The window was not straining or slowing down before it finally stopped working so that makes me think its not the motor. Do you guys have any other suggestions or info that i am unaware of, should i just change the window motor out, if so what size nuts and bolts are being used after you drill out the rivets? Please any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Motor for sure..... Replacing it is easy. Should be a write up on here somewhere. You basically drill out where the rivets were mounted and install the new motor with nuts and bolts. Wear long sleeves because the fiberglass sucks when it gets on you.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know what size nutz and bolts will fit in wear the rivets go?