Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

batery blowing 12v rail to deck

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default batery blowing 12v rail to deck

Hi, I installed a pioneer screen weeks ago and then decided to add an amp for the speakers. All was well until I disconnected the battery, and now the pioneer screen (deck) doesn't work! I checked the fuse box inside the door and none were blown. Is there a way to test the deck w/o a car? Any ideas what happened? Are there any things to check in the fuse boxed under the hood? I cannot find and diagrams to show me what fuse is to what. It's a 2000 ws6. Thanks!
Old 07-20-2019, 12:18 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 144 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I'm confused. Title says that the 12v rail is blown, but your post says nothing is blown. Maybe I misread. Anything else not working? Windows? Interior lights? Gauges?

To test outside of the car, use a 12v battery or power adapter with enough amperage to at least turn on the radio (which doesn't take much really). If you don't have either of those, two 6v lantern batteries in series could work.

Usually the radio will also have a fuse on the back so check that too. Also, for testing fuses, use a multi-meter on the continuity/beep setting instead of visual inspection.