Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Lighting issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lighting issue

DRLs work. Both turn signal lights stay on, unlike most people I kinda don’t mind it. My issue is at night, my left turn signal will stay on, but the right side doesn’t. Is it a fuse? Flasher relay? Something else I’m missing? Honestly haven’t really looked into it because it’s not that big of a deal but I figured I’d get some opinions before looking into it.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:25 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 278 Likes on 242 Posts

It's the bulb. The front bulbs (3157A) have two filaments in them - a bright filament for the DRLs and turn signals and a dim filament for the parking/running lights which go on with the headlights. The two are independent so it's not uncommon for one filament in a bulb to burn out while the other still works fine. In this case, the dim filament in the right side bulb is burned out. You should find that replacing the bulb will solve the problem.

Complete disclosure... it's also possible that the bulb socket is corroded or the parking light wire is broken but those are less likely causes than a simple bulb burned out.

Quick Reply: Lighting issue