Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

99 T/A Starting issues, identified???

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 05:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Talking 99 T/A Starting issues, identified???

Hey everyone hows it going, well I "think" I may have a little more info on this situation. My scan tool got another update via android play store, so like a kid with a new toy, I immediately had to play with it! So I gave my 99 T/A another "good scannin" and low and behold, P1626 front and center! I really need to stop "scannin" my car so much! The scan tool I purchased is a blue driver OBD 2 scanner and whenever my car throws a code it describes what the code is, the possible causes for the code, and reported fixes for the code, and Amazon links to the parts to fix it. I'll post the screenshots, but I was looking at all the reported fixes and some of them kinda look familiar. In the first thread I was talking about the ignition switch having a little delay before engaging, well the top reported fix on my scan tool says "Replace ignition lock cylinder" That falls in line with the issue that I started the other thread for, but wait there's more! On a prior thread that I started I was describing some issues I was having with my aftermarket remote start/alarm system to the forum, but after contacting Viper they sent me to a local shop and I thought it was fixed. Before I walked outside to scan my car, I used my remote start to let it get warmed up and when I got outside, it wasn't running. For some reason it didn't fire up, I know it tried to because the dash lights and the radio was on. So I fired it up with the key with no issues. and got it warm prior to scanning. As I scrolled down through all the "reported fixes" section on the scanner, the very first listing in the, "other reported fixes" was "Removed Add-On Remote Start System". I don't know about you guys and gals, but I'm starting to see a pattern! Update to the update!! Just got back from painting Sonic's parking lot Talking and apparently that's how you clear a P1626 code lol!!!! Looks like I dodged another bullet, for now. Sorry about the long post, I tried to list as much info as I possibly could about this situation and maybe this post will help someone out with their issues as well. Thank you for reading this post and have a wonderful day.

Quick Reply: 99 T/A Starting issues, identified???