Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

P0650, P1626, U1000 - No Speedo, Tach, Radio and more

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2021, 07:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default P0650, P1626, U1000 - No Speedo, Tach, Radio and more

P0650, P1626, U1000 - No Speedo, Tach, Radio, Fuel, Odometer and more

Hello All,

I am kind of lost of where to even start on my 2001 Trans Am Ws6 Vert...... Car ran great last night. Heading to work this morning and the Dash light where not working. I figure its a fuse, no big deal. Turned the radio on and drove to work. At work I popped the trunk, pulled out my scuba tanks and pressed on.

When I was leaving work, the Trunk Switch on Key Fob would not work, I used the key dropped gear in and got into the car. This time, no gauges and worse no Radio, no speedo or Tac. Found the Power Accessories fuse was blown. I replaced it and the oil, temp gauges started working, no Gas Gauge. Drove the 45 miles home with no engine issue. Put the scanner on it and got these 3 codes.

Anyone have an idea? Ignition switch maybe ECM, or just a short somewhere? I have a 2001 Firebird V6, could I swap the ECM, are ECM car specific for these models?

Another post I read lists - 650-the mil light needs to be fixed. Whats the Mil Light?

P0650 - Malfunction Indicator Lamp Control Circuit Malfunction
P1626 - Theft Deterrent Fuel Enable Signal Not Received
u1000 class 2 data link malfunction

Update - I am now getting a new code.

U1096 lost communication with driver information and displays control system

So I pulled out the Instrument Cluster and plugged it back on. Batt, Oil, Fuel and Temp all started working. Still No Tach, Odometer, Speedo, lights and Radio. I guess there could be a short somewhere, but other then installing the Radio 5 years ago, I have never really done anything under the dash. I did adjust the Cruise Control switch last month which the mechanic failed to setup right.

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 02-28-2021 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Fix oversized font
Old 03-12-2021, 11:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Problem has been solved. Call it what you will, but unplugged 1 of the connectors to the Daytime running lights, and plugged it back in. THings started working. Pulled it out again, cleaned up all the connectors and put it back to together. Everything is now happy. I found this out going through the wiring diagram.

Quick Reply: P0650, P1626, U1000 - No Speedo, Tach, Radio and more