Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

95 Camaro keyless system

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 07:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Camaro keyless system

Hi everyone,

I have just bought a 1995 camaro z28, it has two keyless remotes, but neither one will work. When i do the jump in the OBD2 connector 4-8, I can hear the doors cycling, lock and unlock, but when I press down the buttons on the remotes, nothing happens.
I also have a 1995 trans am where the keyless remotes work, I have tried to do the programming in the trans am using the camaro's remotes, to make sure the camaro remotes were OK, and also the other way around the trans am remotes in the camaro, but neither one worked. Maybe then it is not interchangeable right? I thought it would be.

- Battery is good in alll remotes. I have bought new ones and also tears them with a multimeter.

Can I just be out of luck and both my camaro remotes are bricked or it might be a problem with the trw keyless module? It makes more sense to be the modules, but very strange that the module seems to entering the programming mode, and then it does not sync with the remotes.

Both cars are sitting together in the garage, maybe one module is blocking the other one, there is some interference maybe. I will try to do outside far away from the trans am.

Thanks
Old 05-04-2021, 08:16 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 278 Likes on 242 Posts

I would have assumed that the remotes for Camaro and Firebird were interchangeable as you did but they are actually different part numbers so they might not be. The difference could be simply the brand logo on the front of the fob or it could be an actual functional difference.

New remotes are relatively cheap on sites like Amazon and even ebay. I suggest getting one and programming it to the Camaro. Just make sure you match the FCC ID number to the ones you have. The original part number is 10239647... that can sometimes help find the correct replacement.

Old 05-04-2021, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
I would have assumed that the remotes for Camaro and Firebird were interchangeable as you did but they are actually different part numbers so they might not be. The difference could be simply the brand logo on the front of the fob or it could be an actual functional difference.

New remotes are relatively cheap on sites like Amazon and even ebay. I suggest getting one and programming it to the Camaro. Just make sure you match the FCC ID number to the ones you have. The original part number is 10239647... that can sometimes help find the correct replacement.
Looking for 10239647 online I have found out it is really hard to find the OEM new one with the chevy logo. When i did find it, they were asking 150 for it on ebay. When i was checking sites like gm parts direct, it seems it has been replaced with part number 15725423, which seems a generic one without any logo.

Thanks, I will keep looking, maybe I just buy this generic one. I will try to disassemble the ones o have and clean. It is too much of a bad luck to have both of them to brick. One is brand new, it seems like it was never used.

Quick Reply: 95 Camaro keyless system