Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

LS FOX electrical draw

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy LS FOX electrical draw

Ok so I am starting to go through the wiring on a vehicle I purchased. I have a issue with the voltage or amperage and need suggestions. 91 fox body 5.3 turbo conversion, Holley dominator ECU, Magnafuel 750 pump, red top Optima battery. When I start the car it runs fine. Once I kick on the cooling fans it falls on its face. I can kick the fans on then start it and its fine until I come to a stoplight. The voltage will drop to around 13 according to the screen and I can physically hear the fuel pump start to die down. When I get going again it's just fine and sits at 15 volts. After I drive it for about 30 minutes, walk in to the store and come back out it surges like I have a big blower until I start moving again. Battery tests good and I just re ran the dominator power / ground directly to the battery and fixed some connection issues. Any ideas? I was thinking possibly way to much going on at the starter relay?

From the battery it has the positive post 2 gauge running to the cut off switch - 0 gauge going to a junction block - I just re ran the main cable 1 gauge that was going under the car to a 2 gauge welding wire going through the interior to the factory starter relay - the starter relay has the positive main cable, starter cable 0 gauge (changing to 2 gauge), alternator cable 4 gauge (thinking about changing to 2 gauge welding wire), switch, single yellow wire that joins into 4 others going back into the interior and the Holley display screen wire all going to the LT side post. The RT side has the starter relay wire.. that's it. Ground goes from the post to the frame and also to another junction box for the fuel pump / fuel pump relay.

The cooling fans run to the relay and then directly to the alternator. (12v-120amp relay). Alternator is a high output 220amp.

Quick Reply: LS FOX electrical draw