Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

F Body Wiring Harnesses

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F Body Wiring Harnesses

Long story short is I have two F-Body cars; a 2001 Z28/SS - trashed body but a low miles drive train and 2002 Firebird Formula - no drive train but mostly clean otherwise. Both cars are / were 6 spd manual transmission cars. The SS has performance options including TCS w/ the four channel brakes, torsen LS diff, etc.. The FB is a pretty straight forward Formula. My plan is to swap the good stuff from the trashed SS into the clean body FB. My issue now is which body harness to use. The FB body harness doesn't have the TCS plug in it and the SS body harness doesn't have the headlight control module in it. Also the FB harness was damaged by a sawzall when the drive train was removed; 6-10 wires cut. I'm confident I can repair the damaged wires in the FB harness but I don't know about moving the TCS onto that harness. Alternately could I move the FB HL control module to the SS harness (which is not damaged) and have the TCS? I believe I have all the other TCS parts from the SS including the brake and throttle components. I don't have the FB brake and throttle components.

I naively thought both harnesses would be practically identical. Both body harnesses have the fuse / relay panels they were born with. The harnesses appear to have all the same connection except the SS has the plug for the throttle control module (?) right behind the battery and of course the FB headlight connectors with the HL control module.

My question is really which wiring harness should I use to make the FB operable?

Quick Reply: F Body Wiring Harnesses