Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Launch controller wiring

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2021, 09:59 PM
Launching!

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Launch controller wiring

Got a LNC-003 on the way for a winter project on my 2000 f body Planning on running primary activation off the 12v hookup somewhere in driver fuse panel.
going to go like this +12v > latching push button >limit switch wired into Normally Closed > LNC-003
my question is the secondary I need a 12v activation from the engine bay. Being that these unit only use the 12v wires for signal, would I ever run into battery drain issues wiring this into 12v and not 12v ignition on? Also, where do most people tap their 12v into in the engine bay? Planning on just tapping a fuse somewhere in the engine bay fuse panel
Old 11-07-2021, 08:02 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Moving to Stereo and Electronics for some ideas.
Old 11-07-2021, 08:50 PM
Launching!

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by wssix99
Moving to Stereo and Electronics for some ideas.
hey I appreciate it. For now I’ve got the system wired in and working. Still waiting on my master on/off button. I had some doubts as I don’t think anyone here has used an $80 cnc limit switch lol, most write ups I saw people used just a mechanical momentary style.. But the limit switch works fantastic and is completely adjustable of where the “hit” is, by simply loosening a single Allen bolt where the lever attaches and rotating it left or right to lock it down.. My main issue is my “monster” clutch has somewhat of a not so monster pressure plate. And quite frankly I’m a little pissed about it, but it still shifts so until it doesn’t I’m not messing with it. Have Plans for a twin disc once it goes.
So anyway using the traditional clutch switch relay deal I wouldn’t even be able to use this as a means of easier shifting NOR of a good launch controller. Because my clutch pedal is a bit higher than my brake pedal…However, I have it set to disable at about 3/4 clutch grab and it DEFINITELY has made my WOT shifting better.

Quick Reply: Launch controller wiring