Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Turn Signals not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2021, 09:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Turn Signals not working

So I've had LEDs for a while with an EF32RL Flasher and it has worked flawlessly for 2 years. Well, all the sudden my turn signals don't work at all, either direction. The arrows on the dash don't even light up unless I turn the harzard lights on which work fine. All bulbs outside of the car work with hazards. The stock still clicks up and down and resets after turning like normal. I replaced the flasher, and that wasn't it. What else is on the circuit to cause this issue?
Old 11-26-2021, 02:19 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

I'd guess that your backup lights aren't working either. That would be the 20A #2 fuse labeled TURN B/U. At least that is the first thing to check. Never rely on a visual inspection of a fuse, especially a 20+ year old one, because they can look fine but still be blown. Either test with a fuse tester or multimeter or replace with a known good fuse.

If that's not it, you'll want to check for 12V on the brown wire at the turn signal flasher socket and then again on the purple wire in the turn signal switch connector. If those check out then check for flashing power output on any of the output wires... dark green, yellow, light blue/white, or dark blue/white. If you have power going into the switch but not out then the switch is the problem. It's unlikely because the part that would have to be bad is actually the internal hazard switch not returning to rest position (which I can't remember ever seeing) but it's not impossible.

The following users liked this post:
JonAdkins (11-26-2021)

Quick Reply: Turn Signals not working