Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sail panel speaker wiring

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2022, 06:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sail panel speaker wiring

So I chunked my stock blown speakers long ago and finally ordered Bazookas from Kee Audio. I no longer have the connector from the stock speakers to plug into the harness on the car. Ian at Kee Audio spoke of tapping into each wire and wire them in that way.

Will there be one wire per connection to the speaker obviously following the diagram in the Monsoon FAQ sticky. No need to have a separate piggy backed wire between any terminals?

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2022, 03:31 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 278 Likes on 242 Posts

That depends on what model car you have. In a Firebird Monsoon system, there will be two pairs of wires which you will connect to the Bazooka speaker terminals individually. In a Camaro Monsoon system, you will have only a single pair of wires there so you have to connect the speaker's four terminals in parallel (i.e. connect the factory positive wire to both positive speaker terminals and the factory negative wire to both negative speaker terminals). If you have the base 4-speaker audio system in either car model then you bought the wrong speakers.
Old 04-09-2022, 05:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
That depends on what model car you have. In a Firebird Monsoon system, there will be two pairs of wires which you will connect to the Bazooka speaker terminals individually. In a Camaro Monsoon system, you will have only a single pair of wires there so you have to connect the speaker's four terminals in parallel (i.e. connect the factory positive wire to both positive speaker terminals and the factory negative wire to both negative speaker terminals). If you have the base 4-speaker audio system in either car model then you bought the wrong speakers.
2001 Trans Am WS6 with Monsoon system. So in your first description it sounds like what I thought.

Positive wire to positive speaker terminal and negative wire to negative terminal. Four sets of wires, one wire to each of there respective terminal on the speaker.

Quick Reply: Sail panel speaker wiring