Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

can you add an aftermarket EQ to the 500w monsoon?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 07:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default can you add an aftermarket EQ to the 500w monsoon?

I am adding a delco changer and would like to keep the stock look but would like it to sound a little better , my speakers are fine for now and I will do that upgrade later when they blow . so will it work or is it my best bet to buy an aftermarket cd player with the built in EQ to make it sound better?
Old 08-02-2004, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mushroom281
I am adding a delco changer and would like to keep the stock look but would like it to sound a little better , my speakers are fine for now and I will do that upgrade later when they blow . so will it work or is it my best bet to buy an aftermarket cd player with the built in EQ to make it sound better?
an aftermarket headunit will help the sound a bit but dont expect wonders. Also be careful of many of the "preset" EQ modes on a lot of aftermarket decks, they often will put the bass and treble levels WAY higher than your speakers will handle and easily cook them.

If youre adding a delco changer, it wont work with an aftermarket radio... so dont waste the money on the changer if you go that route.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:52 PM
TECH Resident

thanks rogue I think I am just going to add a changer for now and do your speaker upgrade when mine blow

will a delco 6 disc changer just plug in too instead of the 12
Old 08-03-2004, 06:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mushroom281
thanks rogue I think I am just going to add a changer for now and do your speaker upgrade when mine blow

will a delco 6 disc changer just plug in too instead of the 12
depends what year car and head unit you have... Very likely yes it will work, but thats not a definite... probably better off going for the 12 just in case.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:58 PM
TECH Resident

my car is an 01 with a monsoon tape deck ( why in the hell do they sill make tape decks I haven't bought a tape 19 years)