Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

no display in clock area - delco

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 03:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SUCCESS as well! I pulled the radio out tonight, installed my new bulb ($18 shipped from above mentioned http://www.corvetteradios.com/Page7.html) according to instructions at http://www.corvetteradios.com/home/bu6.jpg and it worked. Took me 15 minutes, very very simple, the old bulb comes out in half a turn and the new one goes in just as easily. No soldering, no connections to be made whatsoever.

Thank you very much to those who found the info on this bulb.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

so is this the solution to fixing the garbled text problem? that's what's happening to me...
Old 10-31-2004, 11:56 PM
Staging Lane

no, this is just to replace the light bulb in the display.. i'm not sure about garbled text
Old 11-01-2004, 11:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

my text is all garbled up and it stays like that for a while. sometiems it just fixes it self, other times it will just stay there
Old 11-01-2004, 03:27 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by poweredbyv8
my text is all garbled up and it stays like that for a while. sometiems it just fixes it self, other times it will just stay there
I dont think there is an easy fix for the garbled text. That is why I am on my 3rd Monsoon headunit. The display usually gets garbled just before the one year mark. Which means that it gets replaced for free. Each replacement unit gets a one year warranty.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:48 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by poweredbyv8
that is most likely the lcd display itself rather than the backlight bulb that we replaced. I've had them get garbled, sort of lit up, really bad if cold outside. Usually they warm up and come on. One radio went out and I just bought afermarket. The sites we linked above repair Delcos if you want to keep it, or just buy another it seems.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:47 PM
TECH Apprentice