Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Does anyone else's radio reception suck

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 07:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone else's radio reception suck

Mine has been horriable since day one. I replaced the radio. So now GM naturally says it a problem in the radio. I have just added a booster and that made it even worse. I'm just wondering if everyone has poor reception or If I sould try and replace the antena. I have the stock GM power antena.

Thanks Rob
Old 09-28-2004, 10:59 AM
Staging Lane

My reception was fine with my stock radio and power antenna. When I switched my head unit, the reception was still great. It could be a faulty antenna, a bad antenna ground, a split in the wire leading from the antenna to the radio, or it might be your location.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:55 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

This may sound dumb but, make sure the antenna is actually connected properly. I've had the stock Monsoon headunit and antenna replaced under warranty due to failures and they didn't properly reconnect the antenna.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Guys I've check it its hooked up good wires are all good too. Must be the antenna. My truck antenna works ok. So I'm ruling out location.