Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

power window replacement ????

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Update: Finally I got around to fixing my original window motor instead of installing the recently purchase one.

I did what slow96z recomended to fix the original one and so far I haven't had any problems. The window motor performs just as it did before it took a ****.

I varied somewhat on slow96z write up.

A dremel took work best for me to cut a small hole thru the door to access the 3 rivets you'll have to drill out.

I used duct tape along the entire window weather strip and half on the window to hold it up.

I had plans to re-rivet the motor in place but instead use the supplied nuts and bolts that came with the new motor I purchased.

The hardest thing for me was to correctly line up the holes to mount the motor onto the bracket I found inserting two small phillips screw drivers or equivient the size of the mount holes help align the motor to its bracket. Also telescopic magnet pen will also come in handy if you happen to drop any of the nuts or screws inside the door.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is thread necro, but thought I'd post here before starting another one on the topic...

My driver's side just stopped working. Last Friday, I stopped to check air pressures on the way home, rolled windows down to half way for music while I was checking the tires, then got back in and rolled them up. Passenger side went fine, driver's side moved slower than usual and stopped almost immediately. I tried opening the door and moving it, and it didn't work, then tried pulling window up while engaging the switch and it still didn't move.

I'm guessing it's the motor and planned to replace it. But every thing I'm seeing is saying to drill into the doors inner structure. I really hate the idea of drilling on my car (or just having new holes drilled into it period). Isn't there some way to avoid drilling holes? How did they mount these during assembly?
Old 08-26-2015, 06:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

its not as bad as you think. the door panel covers everything. makes life MUCH easier when replacing the motor.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I just went through this myself and it was tough but only because the previous owner replaced the regulator and did a hack job putting it back together and it chewed up the holes in the door. Got it all back together but it took a long time.

Quick Reply: power window replacement ????