Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Another Newbie with another stereo question

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Newbie with another stereo question

I just install a new HU and speakers to my camaro. The HU is a sony cdx-f700 (52 watts x4 and 23.3 rms). The speakers are sony xplods. don't remember the part #. But the fronts a 180watt 40rms and the rears are 120watt 22rms. My question is, when I installed this set up it didn't really improve over the monsoon. The bass doesn't hit as hard as the monsoon did. What is the problem? Would it help if I bypass the monsoon amp and wire the speakers just to the HU. I will get a new amp someday but right now I just can't afford it.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:27 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Driver#8
I just install a new HU and speakers to my camaro. The HU is a sony cdx-f700 (52 watts x4 and 23.3 rms). The speakers are sony xplods. don't remember the part #. But the fronts a 180watt 40rms and the rears are 120watt 22rms. My question is, when I installed this set up it didn't really improve over the monsoon. The bass doesn't hit as hard as the monsoon did. What is the problem? Would it help if I bypass the monsoon amp and wire the speakers just to the HU. I will get a new amp someday but right now I just can't afford it.
Some of the monsoon speakers are 2ohm (subs, front door speakers). By replacing it, you probably replaced it with a 4ohm speaker. Meaning that the amp will not put out as much power to them as the orginal speakers. There is a write up in the faq section at the top of this section. It will explain everything and what to do. It is a very good write up and would start there.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

just bypass the shitty monsoon amp
Old 01-24-2005, 02:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

your not going to get bass out of interior after market spaekers. if u want a little thunp add a 10" sub in the back and it will fill in the rest of the music.
Old 02-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Teching In

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...amp+power+wire

i am in the same boat. I just got a new hu and subs but dont want the distorted monsoon amp. I just came across this and hope it helps.