Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Best place to mount amp???

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VSGLS1
Here is the amp rack I built one afternoon over 3 yrs ago.
must be nice to have a W7. do you have your back window tinted dark? cause id be afraid of someone breaking my back glass to get the amp and sub.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:15 AM
Launching!

I have a big 4 channel amp that I mounted behind my spare tire. it sits between the tire and power antena, there isn't a whole lot of room, but I haven't had any problem, I bought a few metal braces and locking bolts and put them through exsisting holes in the area where the spare tire goes. With this setup I can't use the spare tire holddown as it will pull the tire right up against the amp and I want to have space so it canbreath. I haven't had any problems with this except hte tire hitting the amp a little over bumps, but a couple of rubber bungie chords between them has stopped that noise, and the spare tie hold down isn't need since the tire isn't going to roll out or anything. The main reason i did this is so that if someone borrows my car, nothing can hapen to my amp, like someone throwing a bag in there and having some metal strap ground out on the power wire or some other weird mishap. also its real nice for keeping prying eyes from stealing, cause if you advertise someone might notice and take your equipment. To take out my amp they'd have to remove the tire-Pain in the @ss then the bolts=even worse pain in. so it works well. If I can get my camera phone to work on my computer again i'll snap some shots for you.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

back in the day if you are real serious about your stereo you can mount your amps and xovers in the back seat, its a clean look