Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Mounting an Amp...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mounting an Amp...

Anyone put an amp in the front? I don't want to run it into the back then double up front, due to interference. Im away from my car at the moment but I think it amy fit under the passenger seat. Its a smaller amp. Anyone have any other suggestions? I know we are rather limited space wise. Thanks,
John
Old 01-25-2005, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

I know my amp wouldn't fit inder the passenger seat, it stuck about halfway out the back, but it's pretty big so who knows, give it a shot
Old 01-25-2005, 12:05 PM
Launching!

i am 99% sure you cant fit an amp under the seat.I couldnt get the brain t my in dash monitor under it and it is tiny compared to an amp
Old 01-25-2005, 12:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

just make sure when the seats are moved back and forth that the amp isn't touched
Old 01-25-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

So what would you all suggest? the amp is 2 inch high and like 6 inches long? Its a 2 channel, I got it because of the smaller footprint, I dont have room really anywhere.Will I get interferance running it all the way to the back and then bring the signal up front again? I dont have the keys to the car lol. My bro does, and doesnt know it.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

i am confused why would the signal be brought back to the front?

i would honestly put it in the back, this way u do not have to worry about the amp getting wetom peoples feet or from when u leave the door open while its raining ( just getting in or out of course )

u also don't have to worry about anyoine kicking it that is sitting in the back.

if u want to replace the amp or adjust it, u are going to have to pull the seat out.

seems like too much trouble.

but please explain what u mean by bringing the signal back up front...
Old 01-25-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

The speakers its driving are in the door
Old 01-25-2005, 02:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

what u do is run your power wire and remote wire on the driver side of the car straight to the back.

unless u are rewiring each door, u will go behind the radio find the right wires for the speakers and butt connect either 16 gauge or 14 gauge ( i actually use 12 gauge but u don't have too ) to the existing speaker wires and run those to the back on the passenger side , also run your RCA cable with the speaker wires on the same side.

as long as u have the power wires seperate from the RCA's and speaker wires u should be fine.

also where ever it is u choose to ground, take a little bit of sand paper and sand down to the bare metal, this way u have a great ground. ( only where the ground connecter will touch, don't go overboard sanding alot )

if u do everything this way u should be noise free. :o)
Old 01-25-2005, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

if you mount the amp under the seat you will have to put seat extensions to raise it up.