Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Silverado Stereo Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 09:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverado Stereo Problem

Hi all,

I have obtained a 1993 Silverado Ext Cab eventually to serve as a car hauler and the only thing that doesn't work on the truck is the stereo.

I have searched the net and I have found that others have had the same problem but the advice is always to replace the stereo outright. If this were a daily driver and my money weren't going to other car related projects this is what I would do, I'd like to have a unit that plays MP3 CDs at least. But, if I can get it going as it is for not too much I'd like to do it.

It appears the problem is not in the head unit but another component i.e. the amp. The unit appears to power on but there is no sound and the display stays on 98.1 and when it returns to the clock function it always displays "1:00"

Again, if I can go the the bone yard and find a replacement part for cheap and get it working, this is what I'd like to do.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ken
Old 02-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check the wiring to the speakers, try clipping the old ends off the wires and restripping them and putting them back on the speakers........also, this sounds wierd but when i got my 01' silverado, the back speakers were missing.....haha, might wanna check on that.....