Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Cigarette Lighter not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 06:20 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cigarette Lighter not working

Okay, my cigarette lighter is not working. My 12v accesory port righ by it is working. There is no burned fuses, but they should be on the same fuse anyway. I removed the panel and checked the plug going to it and there is no voltage there. Any ideas? They both have orange and black wires going to them and I tried to trace the wires back to see where they went, but I dont not want to tear apart the console and dash to fix it, I may just splice a jumper between the 2. I am not sure when it stopped working or if I ever even tried it before. It is an 04 silverado.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:54 AM
Teching In

If there isnt any voltage comming from the orange wire than eitherr there is a blown fuse some where (did you check under the hood? there are like three acc. fuses) or something is disconected/cut (check under dash)

I wouldnt suggest splicing the wires, if you ever need both outlets you might have a problem with the fuse holding up
Old 02-16-2005, 02:09 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Thanks.
I found out on the truck board that the 12v accesory is seperate from the cigarette lighter, so I have to check that fuse.