Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Bad dealings with subthump.com?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 01:22 AM
formerly mystic-t/a (changed 02/05/2013)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02blackSS
That quote right there changed my mind on buying anything from subthump. We should feel lucky? You should feel lucky we (the customers) are putting money in your pocket to pay your bills! So keep your shorts on!

makoshark was more than understanding and even rated your buisness an A+ and you still get snippy and go off! He just wanted to know the status of his box, if he paid you money for it he should have the right to call you E-V-E-R-Y D-A-Y until its done if he wants to, thats how businesses work! That is just terrible customer service! And it may not mean much to you but you have lost yourself a customer here.
YES, agree totally. I was going to buy a box from him, but not any more. That is a horrible way to run a business. I'm 16 and know that! As previously noted, hire more people if you’re struggling! I just can’t believe how incredibly stupid people can be, especially posting that on a forum that anyone one of his potential customers can read.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'll stick up for him and say that his customer service is top notch in my book. I ordered a custom box for my RCSB truck last year about this time and was very pleased with the quality and fit. Granted it took a couple of days to get my calls returned. He was very courteous and when I called back to check on it, he had no problem telling me that it should ship in a couple of days. I ordered the box for my truck and plan to order one of the millhouse boxes at some point for my Formula. Keep up the good work, and people just need to understand that custom work takes time. I'd like to see some of these people that are being so negative wait 4 years to have a custom hot rod built cause things come up and the company working on it can't get it done because people leave to go somewhere else or they just get so swampped with work that they try as hard as they can to meet the deadlines.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002yroneformula
I'll stick up for him and say that his customer service is top notch in my book. I ordered a custom box for my RCSB truck last year about this time and was very pleased with the quality and fit. Granted it took a couple of days to get my calls returned. He was very courteous and when I called back to check on it, he had no problem telling me that it should ship in a couple of days. I ordered the box for my truck and plan to order one of the millhouse boxes at some point for my Formula. Keep up the good work, and people just need to understand that custom work takes time. I'd like to see some of these people that are being so negative wait 4 years to have a custom hot rod built cause things come up and the company working on it can't get it done because people leave to go somewhere else or they just get so swampped with work that they try as hard as they can to meet the deadlines.

He needs to pre warn customers this.. For all we know he has a damn garage full of these things.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:17 AM
Banned

It has absolutely nothing to do with the time it is taking them to build the box. I have already stated that. It has everything to do that I paid $200 for a box and I wanted to make sure I wasn`t getting shafted and I couldn`t reach them through email or over the phone after over a week had gone by. Learn how to read people. Thanks to the understanding people. Also, this isn`t a custom hotrod, this is a simple sub box. I work for myself, so I know all about customer relationships and I restore my own cars, so I know all about time constraints
Old 02-21-2005, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

well i ordered mine on thursday and it shipped today

works for me
Old 02-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by megabass
So you should feel lucky I decided to accept your order. Your going to get your box soon, so keep your shorts on.

I wonder how long your business will last with that attitude?

makoshark...no need to apologize. Sounds like shitty customer service.

And some of these comparisons people are making are great...
wooden box VS. custom turbo set-up
wooden box VS. custom built hot rod.

Good companies should charge your credit card after the product has been shipped.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

steve's a good guy. ya'll are coming to him on a public message board where he is purposely representing himself and his own opinions, not necessarily his business. anyone would defend themselves in the same way. what he says is a little ambiguous, as is anything on the internet, so everyone don't get so offended! he has more than enough positive references to make people confident in their orders! i'm going to go put my shorts on now!!
Old 02-23-2005, 12:07 AM
Teching In

I had Steve build me a custom ported box for an Elemental Design sub. Turned out great, I'm 17 and it definately emptied my wallet, but it was quality built and I probably couldn't have found anyone else to do it. I called local shops and noone said it could be done. When I had him build it, obviously it wasn't a very busy time for him because it was at my house within probably 2 weeks after I sent him a Money Order.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/406377/2 <--pics if anyone interested
Old 07-19-2005, 10:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Damn, I wish I had seen this thread sooner.

Quick Reply: Bad dealings with subthump.com?