Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

is my hu compatible with the remote steering wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 02:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is my hu compatible with the remote steering wheel?

i have a alpine cdm-9821
was wondering if i could hook up one of those ir kits so i can use my steering wheel with my alpine hu, because it didnt come with a remote controll.

i tried searching on the net for this answer but didnt really know what to look for. if you can help me out, thanks i appreciate it.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:34 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by violator3434
i have a alpine cdm-9821
was wondering if i could hook up one of those ir kits so i can use my steering wheel with my alpine hu, because it didnt come with a remote controll.

i tried searching on the net for this answer but didnt really know what to look for. if you can help me out, thanks i appreciate it.
you would need the remote to program the pac-swix. at least the one i have works that way. so if your alpine has a remote that you just dont have it would most likely work but you would need to get the alpine remote to use to program the i.r. kit.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

no you can't. The head unit need to be remote control capable which the 9821 is not. Even if you have a head unit that is remtoe control capable you still need and adaptor from pac called SWIX. It has a infared eye that gets mounted on the center condole and whenever you push the buttons on your wheel, it sends the signal via infared to the head unit, just like the remote does. Hope this helps ya!
KEith
Old 03-08-2005, 12:08 PM
10 Second Club

No it isn't compatible.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

The headunit is not compatiable but you could probably wire up a PAC SWI-X and make it work