Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Question about amp

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 09:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about amp

Hi. Whoever had my car before me obviously had an aftermarket system and it looks like they ripped it out when they got rid of the car. They completely butchered the wiring to the amp. My boyfriend did the best he could to reconnect all the wires but there is a problem. When you shut the car off a horrible high pitched screeching noise blares from the speakers. It only does that when the amp is hooked up.
Any ideas I could pass along to him about what could be causing that?
Old 03-12-2005, 02:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

i never delt with that before but here are a few things u can try

did u try hooking up a different amp to see if it still makes the noise? there is a chance it is your amp.

also instead of patching up the other guys wires, go get a 4 gauge amp kit and rewire the whole car. this way u know it is done right.

and finally if if u do all that and it still does that there is a chance it is your headunit

goodluck.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

My car came with two stock amps and it makes that noise with both of them.
I'll see if my boyfriend is willing to rewire the whole car... that's probably gonna be my best bet.

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2005, 02:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Have him double check his wireing. More then likely a crossed wire....like +12 to a terminal side of a speaker or similar.