Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone run SoundStream amps?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone run SoundStream amps?

Ditching the stock monsoon..

Considering running the new Tarantula series 5-channel amp. I did a comparison of the line's specs against the old school 1998 PPI PC amps and they are very up to par. I can get these at a great price if anyone is interested in ANY SoundStream stuff as well (I'll share just PM me or email me)

Thoughts/opinions?

TIA
Brandon
Old 03-15-2005, 12:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

I use to run them. High current sound stream 10.0s. Well I melted one of the amps on SEVERAL layers on the circuit board. I then switched to PPI and man do those amps take a beating. If your going to sound quality and looks of installation then I say soundstream is a great brand. If your looking to DB drag or drive them hard I would look elsewhere.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

i was interested in the van goghs when i was in the market for amps, and i tried to do as much research and questions asking as possible. and while nobody really had any bad comments specifically about the van goghs, in general the opinion of soundstream is its went downhill since the good ol days.

again, thats just peoples opinions on boards, so you gotta take it with a grain of salt...
Old 03-15-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

I agree.. just looking for comments and opinions. I'm definately not going for SPL. My "bumping" days are long gone. Just looking for good SQ.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sounds stream, Phoenix Gold, Xtant are just some of the really good SQ amps. Just use a respectable brand that has a class A circuitry rating.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:33 PM
Launching!

I used to have a soundstream amp about 6 years ago, that thing was a beast, but I don't know much about their new stuff.