Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Pics of my new install

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by InfiniteReality
How do you plan on moving it up an inch? I'm curious as I have a subthump t-top box and would like to have the flap cover my 3-10s up too. BTW, here's another vote for SubThump!

Nice setups guys. Glad you like the boxes I did for you
Old 03-23-2005, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Well youll get a full range of sounds from them if you seperate the waves thats all im saying. Im not saying to build a box. Just use a baffle in a free air application.

Every speaker needs a box due to wave cancellation no matter what frequency its reproducing. Tweeters have their own enclosure

Free air means you seperate the waves by use of a baffle. What makes it free air is you dont have a box

I agree.

Also an enclosure of any type creates a second spring to help control the speaker. It changes the sound. That is mostly why it'll sound deeper. If waves are cancelling, you'll be trying to make up for it with extra bass, midrange or treble.

By the way, Nice install. Mostly stealth except for the radio. (hard to fix) I'll also throw a thumbs up on those flush bezles. I have to get one soon.