Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Aftermarket deck and bypassing factory amp wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 01:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket deck and bypassing factory amp wiring question

I picked up an Alpine deck for my Formula with factory Monsoon. I plan on ripping out all of the factory stuff and going aftermarket everything. Now, when the guy sold me the head unit he sold me two wiring harnesses and some sort of antenna adapter. I didn't think about it at the time but later I thought maybe he was thinking I was going to run the Alpine with the stock system. Will I need a different wiring harness(es) for bypass as opposed to adding to the Monsoon? Thanks.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are using the Monsoon system now or replacing it in the future. The wiring harness will allow you to integrate your connections without cutting any stock wiring. There is no reason not to use the stock monsoon ampslifier and speakers. It works fine with no special adaptors. You need a mounting kit, antenna adaptor and wiring harness. If you plan on adding amplifers for the main speakers. The stock amp is located behind the spare tire. You can reuse the wireing that goes to each speaker. If you want the extra work. Run all new wires. If you need more audio help. Seek out Murph at www.sounddomain.com

Quick Reply: Aftermarket deck and bypassing factory amp wiring question