Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

aftermarket receiver

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket receiver

alright guys...i just bought a 94' silverado and it already has an afterarket receiver in it, but i would like to take it out and put in a new one that I have bought...how do you take the old one out? I can't figure out how to get it out of the dash??...thanks!
Old 04-07-2005, 11:15 PM
Launching!

The center section of the dash comes out, kinda hinges upward toward you and out. Can't remember if there are screws below or not - anybody? If no screws, try a slight tug - it may be held in by clips. Dont' break anything, just take a good look around the bottom of that piece of plastic. In a '94 it's definately an aftermarket part, cuz the factory stereo's in the upper dash by the heater controls. Hope this helps.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:17 AM
Banned

if it is an aftermarket unit it should have keys, or little metal brackets about 4 inches long that you slide in on the sides of the radio to pull it out of its cage. If you can't locate any then just have a shop do it. most wont charge more than 45 bucks or so. Then just unbolt the cage and pull her out. you'll probably be able to reuse the wiring harness in there, just keep the wiring as long as possible on the radio side if you ever want to reuse or sell it.

Nate