Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

help me build a system...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help me build a system...

i am sponsored by blaupunkt and am trying to decide on some components for my 2002 Z28. I dont really care about the thundering bass you here 5 miles away but i would like to have a little, also component speakers up front and some rear seat replacements...I would like to keep my stock head unit for right now just because where i live **** gets jacked all the time and i want to keep my steering wheel controls.....oh yeah i am getting the overdrive series speakers, subs, and amp(s)
Old 04-13-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

When I was sponsored there was a contract that was signed saying I would go to shows and db drag within so many miles from my house. It depends on your sponsor ship and what they are wanting you to do. I also had to put the sponsors sticker on my back glass, you mentioned that stuff gets stolen where your at.

What are the restrictions of the sponsorship?
Old 04-13-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Regular

of the blaupunkt sponsorship it is just to go to 3 car shows a year, there isnt really any other restrictions. they have not fully sponsored me yet, but i get sponsor prices on everything.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds nice. How do you get sponsored for things like that?
Old 04-14-2005, 02:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2000BlkCamaroSS
Sounds nice. How do you get sponsored for things like that?
Usually the easiest way is to work for a Car Audio store as an installer or Sales person. You can also petition a company by putting together a packer for a company to review. You basically have to sell the yourself to the company you are trying to get to sponsor you.

It is for a short time. But it gets old quick with the Ricer "Steal Me Now" Stickers on your car. Getting a Good Price is just the Companies way of enticing a Person to provide cheap advertisement.

Remember. This is not a free ride. Damn near all companies will expect a greater return than their investment. So you end up a pawn for some cheaper equipment. Not worth it in my eye's and a few others here on this site.

I'm 28 and do pretty well for myself so this is a crapy option for me. I Did enjoy the experience of Sposorship for about a month, and felt special. I don't mean to totally discourage this. It can sometimes lead to better things.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by badtexasZ28
i am sponsored by blaupunkt and am trying to decide on some components for my 2002 Z28. I dont really care about the thundering bass you here 5 miles away but i would like to have a little, also component speakers up front and some rear seat replacements...I would like to keep my stock head unit for right now just because where i live **** gets jacked all the time and i want to keep my steering wheel controls.....oh yeah i am getting the overdrive series speakers, subs, and amp(s)
Replace the sperates in the door.
Do not install anything in the b pillars, or rear,
install 1 sub in the pocket in the rear, or install 2 subs in the rear trunk area, regardless any sub you install in the rear will be twice as loud, becuase it will be loaded off the rear glass.

Its kind of wierd that you would get sponsored from Blaupunkt and not use one of their radios. Anyway, Installing speakers in the rear will pull the image to the rear of the vehicle becuase the front speakers are low in the door.

Previous Iasca Sound Quality Judge
Old 04-15-2005, 07:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Did you ever find out what the exact requirements/restrictions are?

If you look at the other show cars youll see they are typically for show
http://www.blaupunktusa.com/BlaupunktUSA/Showcars

Really, since this will be a show car, its best that you talk to your installer and find out what the requirements are, and exactly how much hes capable of.