Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Well I'll be damned...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I came to the conclusion that either the amp or LOC is junk. As I told 2Much... I could shut the car off put the keys in my pocket, jump the remote lead to turn on the amp and I would hear a constant hiss and ticking in the components when they were hooked up to the amp. Again, this is with the AMP being the ONLY thing on in the car. I moved the power wire to the outside of the opposite side of the car and it still made the damn noise so thats when I ripped the damn thing out of the car.

As for the rest... well the subs still dont work. Hell they could be blown but i dont know. They are in there as I can see them when I peek in. Just havent had the chance to pull them out yet.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitly the AMP. It was making noise even when the RCA's were out. Damn. I would have torn my own hair out on that one.

Hey At least you found out about the Wiring goof that was common knowledge. I'm going to run that past WhiteBird00 to see what he says.

For the Subs, Just Take a 9 volt battery or Drill battery and use it to pop the Speakers to see if they even pop.

Hey I'll IM you.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

I still think its a wire finding ground after the amp on the speaker out side.
Ive seen this quite a few times. Substitute the factory amp with another aftermarket amp and this will confirm what im saying.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
I still think its a wire finding ground after the amp on the speaker out side.
Ive seen this quite a few times. Substitute the factory amp with another aftermarket amp and this will confirm what im saying.
I believe you but not sure I understand why it would work PERFECT now. No noises, nothing. Still using the exact same lines. Just removed the LOC and put the wires back together, and still using the same speaker wires and locations. Esp after unplugging everything BUT the amp and the cars power was OFF, yet they still "ticked".

Oh well. I am going to buy a new LOC and try this again when I get the remainded of my amps back.