Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

kicker SS components 1099$ retail........any good?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005 | 11:47 PM
TECH Resident

Default kicker SS components 1099$ retail........any good?

im picking up 2 sets of kicker SS components and was wondering what everyones comments on them were. I used to have some old kicker components and they were some high quality equipment. But that was 5 years ago, any info on the new stuff?
Old 04-28-2005 | 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes I have seen and heard them. Not bad not worth $1100. cost is like $3** if I remember right.
Old 04-28-2005 | 01:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

For that money it's focal, Dynaudio, MB Quart time
Old 04-28-2005 | 01:20 AM
High on diesel fumes

I would never be able to justify spending $1100 on a set of component speakers. Once you hit the $400-500 range you're already into very high quality territory, anything above that is just a waste of money, IMO.
Old 04-28-2005 | 09:47 AM
12 Second Club
20 Year Member

He didn't say what he was actually going to pay for them...

I have had some Kicker stuff and it has all been ok. What has made me really appreciate them is an experience I had lately. I bought some speakers off e-bay and one of the tweeters was inop. I called them to find out where I could get a replacement. The guy looked thru his parts bin for me and mailed a pair out to me free of charge, he only asked for my address. JL Audio on the other hand when I called them they said only authorized dealers can work on their equipment and offered no assistance.

Brian
Old 04-28-2005 | 01:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 00PewterSS
He didn't say what he was actually going to pay for them...

I have had some Kicker stuff and it has all been ok. What has made me really appreciate them is an experience I had lately. I bought some speakers off e-bay and one of the tweeters was inop. I called them to find out where I could get a replacement. The guy looked thru his parts bin for me and mailed a pair out to me free of charge, he only asked for my address. JL Audio on the other hand when I called them they said only authorized dealers can work on their equipment and offered no assistance.

Brian
exactly, especially when im spending a total of 250$ a set
Old 04-28-2005 | 02:19 PM
On The Tree

$250 for the SS Components is pretty dang good.

I have the RS6c Components and I like them. Running around 120 watts to each driver High-passed at 80hz and they take it no problem.

Only thing I dont like is that in order to flush mount them I have to cut out a 2.5 inch hole in my door panel. It looks slick though because the tweeters swivel and you can get them pointed in the right direction. Helps out imaging a lot.

A REALLY good pair of comps that cost around $300 are the Adire Audio Koda 6.1's. That have a NIIIIIIICE tweeter and really good midbass. Not as much as the RE XXX mids, but those are almost 4" mounting depth and almost impossible to fit on out cars.

Quick Reply: kicker SS components 1099$ retail........any good?