Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

My new system! Pics inside!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 11:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's actually intersections that are the most important. If an ambo or fire engine is approaching an intersection and you can't see to the left or right due to vehicles (we sit pretty low) and we pull out normally when the light goes green. BAMM!

I admit I crank it pretty good, but I also have the windows down. If I can't see the intersection and I'm first in line, I take my cues from the vehicles next to me. I wait until they pull out. I use them like a defensive (offensive?) tackle. That way someone running the light or an emergency vehicle will at least hit the truck next me instead of me directly.
Sometimes I'll even turn the system down around the time the light will change just to make sure I don't hear anything approaching.

But as long as I can see both ways at the intersection, and I sometimes scoot up just for that purpose, I leave when the light goes.

Another thing I do at a stop light no matter if I'm at the front or not is automatically check the vehicle windows around me to see if anyone has them down. If they do I'll turn my radio down a bit so as not to annoy them. When going down the road it's a different story. I leave the volume up when I'm going past a car with the windows down because a few seconds of noise isn't going to hurt them.

Anyway, that's just my weird way of doing things that I developed over years of having loud sound systems.

Last edited by JasonWW; 10-31-2005 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonWW
It's actually intersections that are the most important. If an ambo or fire engine is approaching an intersection and you can't see to the left or right due to vehicles (we sit pretty low) and we pull out normally when the light goes green. BAMM!

I admit I crank it pretty good, but I also have the windows down. If I can't see the intersection and I'm first in line, I take my cues from the vehicles next to me. I wait until they pull out. I use them like a defensive (offensive?) tackle. That way someone running the light or an emergency vehicle will at least hit the truck next me instead of me directly.
Sometimes I'll even turn the system down around the time the light will change just to make sure I don't hear anything approaching.

But as long as I can see both ways at the intersection, and I sometimes scoot up just for that purpose, I leave when the light goes.

Another thing I do at a stop light no matter if I'm at the front or not is automatically check the vehicle windows around me to see if anyone has them down. If they do I'll turn my radio down a bit so as not to annoy them. When going down the road it's a different story. I leave the volume up when I'm going past a car with the windows down because a few seconds of noise isn't going to hurt them.

Anyway, that's just my weird way of doing things that I developed over years of having loud sound systems.
I hear ya. I do the same things when driving. I don't like to annoy other people at lights, especially when I see them pick up a phone or a pen and paper. As you said, cruising is a different story.