Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

disarming factory alarm via aftermarket alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question disarming factory alarm via aftermarket alarm?

how would you do this? i found some wiring colors, that factory arm and disarm are the tan and gray wires by the BCM. i've put a multimeter on them and seen 12 volts on the wires when i arm or disarm, but when i try to hook up 12 volts TO them nothing happens. how am i supposed to be doing this?
Old 06-22-2005, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

also how would you flat out deactivate the factory alarm?
Old 06-22-2005, 02:30 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 271 Likes on 235 Posts

There is no way to disable the factory alarm from an external device such as an aftermarket alarm (i.e. there is no "disarm" signal wire). You can turn off the alarm using the programming instructions in your owners manual. I have posted a copy previously but I'm not in the office right now to have them handy to post again. If you need them I'll post them when I get back to the office.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

thanks... i'll look in the owners manual...

also where is the door switch? i want to wire it to turn dome lamps on when disarmed. and how do i keep the factory 2 step door unlock? is there a door lock relay somewhere i need to tap into?
Old 06-23-2005, 08:31 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 271 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by bigburb
also where is the door switch? i want to wire it to turn dome lamps on when disarmed.
The easiest way to do what you're suggesting is to use the driver's door open signal wire at the BCM. This wire goes to ground whenever the driver's door is open. Assuming your aftermarket alarm has a wire that grounds when the system is disarmed, you can patch that wire into the BCM wire to make it think the driver's door has been opened (so it will turn on the courtesy lights). The wire you want is gray with black in position D11 of the blue 32-pin connector on the BCM. The pins are numbered left to right when looking at the connector with the locking tab on top. Pins C1 through C16 are the top row (closest to the locking tab) and pins D1 through D16 are the bottom row.

Originally Posted by bigburb
and how do i keep the factory 2 step door unlock? is there a door lock relay somewhere i need to tap into?
Interesting question since most everyone else asks how to get rid of the two-stage unlock. I don't think it is possible to have an aftermarket alarm work the same way unless it has a second channel that is activated with the second press of the disarm button (or you want to use a separate button to unlock the passenger's door). The BCM controls the two-stage unlock process internally so there is no wire you can tap into that would give you the same feature.

You can approximate the feature by wiring in such a way that the disarm signal unlocks only the driver's door. Then you can use another channel on the alarm to unlock the passenger's door. Not quite the same thing but close. If you want to set this up you will need to connect your alarm's unlock wire to the tan wire at pin B of the 6-pin green connector at the BCM (it's the only tan wire in that connector). This wire goes directly to the unlock side of the driver's door lock motor so your alarm will have to provide a 12V+ pulse.

If you have an extra channel you want to use to unlock the passenger's door then you will need to connect that channel's signal to the gray with black wire in the same 6-pin green connector at the BCM (again, it's the only gray with black wire in that connector). Same as above, this wire goes directly to the unlock side of the passenger's door lock motor so your extra channel signal will have to provide a 12V+ pulse.

Quick Reply: disarming factory alarm via aftermarket alarm?