Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Harder hitting sub for Stealth Box

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering about getting a stealthbox with the alpine sub also, but how does the alpine sub type r perform in that box. Pretty good hard hitting bass up front? I just don't nessecarily want to give up the t-top space, but if I could use the stealth box and keep that space and atleast use up that useless space in the fender, then cool. If not i would just sacrifice the t-top space and put a box in the middle with 2 12.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Staging Lane

I highly recommend getting a dedicated sub amp. Those multi channel amps aren't very efficient for running as sub like a true mono amp is. If you had a 400 watt mono amp, and wired your current sub in parallel to 2ohms, you would be most impressed. jmo.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:52 PM
STA
Staging Lane

The type r works great in the stealth box. It sounds awesome inside the car, and I love the fact that I did'nt lose my hatch space. Just make sure you match the ohms of the sub to the amp to get the most power to the sub. It's not earth shaking bass like some of my friends systems, but I only run a single 10 which is fine for me .