Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Turn signal/corner lense/etc questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal/corner lense/etc questions

Forgive the lack of technical terms

Ok I (finally) got around to screwing with my left turn signal which had gone out. Well, it seems where the bulb goes in behind the corner lense got butt raped. It's all cracked and melted. Where you plug the bulb in is also melted pretty bad. So I got a new one of those and a new bulb. When I installed those two things I turn on the lights and it comes on. But when I do the turn signal it wont blink, it just stays lit up. Also, it looks like im gonna have to get a new corner thing where the bulb goes into because of the cracks and stuff, the one I have right now has the clear corner lense. The previous owner installed this so I was going to buy the blackout corner lenses. When you buy those aftermarket lenses does it come with that back part? Or will I have to order that from the Chevy dealership and stick the blackouts on there somehow?
Old 07-15-2005, 01:21 AM
Staging Lane

Make sure you used the 3157 bulb to replace it. Also make sure that the rear turn signal is working. If it's out, then the front will just come on and not flash. As far as I know, the blackouts are just covers, not replacement assemblies. You'll have to purchase the assemblies.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:37 AM
Staging Lane

Im not sure about the blackout... but I had the same problem with my front right turn signal. had to re-wire (crimping, not soldering... god that would not have been fun) the entire front harness. As for the rear, I suppose it would be the same.... make sure you wired the correct ones together. If my memory serves right, there are three wires for a dual fillament bulb... so..... one Light activated and one turn activated with a ground.... just re-wire it.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:45 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, there are three wires... ABG.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:40 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Black is ground, brown is parking lights, and blue is DRL and turn signal.