Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

mounting pics of satellite recievers

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 07:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually just did this two days ago. Took about 8 hours and a lot of trips to home depot

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....2&postcount=12
Old 10-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Or, you can read the various threads posted by VIP1 earlier in this thread to see other solutions for mounting the antenna such as inside the spoiler.
Yup, the antenna can be hidden in the wing like I did.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

god dammit..I bought the gm adapter thing. I pluged everything in..and it isn't working? I un[plugged the battery, took out the stereo..pluged the adapter into the back of the stereo and the old harness into the back of the adapter...plugged in the sat radio...I turn on the car...cd works, reg radio works...but if i hit the aux buttom nothing happens???
Old 10-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
god dammit..I bought the gm adapter thing. I pluged everything in..and it isn't working? I un[plugged the battery, took out the stereo..pluged the adapter into the back of the stereo and the old harness into the back of the adapter...plugged in the sat radio...I turn on the car...cd works, reg radio works...but if i hit the aux buttom nothing happens???
Wait a minute or two and it'll start working.
I've had this happen twice (two different headunits).

Just to double check, what is the year of your headunit and do you have the factory CD-Changer?
Old 10-04-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VIP1
Wait a minute or two and it'll start working.
I've had this happen twice (two different headunits).

Just to double check, what is the year of your headunit and do you have the factory CD-Changer?
Its an 01 SS with the moonson system, but no factory changer...thanks a lot for any help.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:42 AM
On The Tree

I put XM in my car its really simple for my radio i have the Alpine IVA-901 7in indash dvd player i am glad the stations and the name of songs an stuff show up on the screen i wouldnt know where to put the docking station. But i put my antena in the same spot as Slammed did. But its pretty cool having Crystal Clear stations.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Its an 01 SS with the moonson system, but no factory changer
You should be fine.
I have a 2001 Formula with the Monsoon and no CD-Changer either.
thanks a lot for any help.
You're Welcome.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:16 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

BrandonDrecksage,

Has is started working for you?
Old 10-08-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

BrandonDrecksage,

Has is started working for you?
no it hasn't.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:46 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

no it hasn't.
Damn thats odd.

* Have you confirmed that the aux device is actually outputing sound?
-- try another aux device, like a portable disk player

*Make sure that the GM9-AUX is firmly connected into the CD-Changer port on the back of the radio and the original CD-Changer harness that went to the radio is plugged into the GM9-AUX.

*If still no sound, then the only other thing I can think of is to disconnect power from the radio for a few minutes. The downside to that (other than losing presets) is that if TeftLoc was setup, the heaunit will be locked when power is returned to it. That can be fixed though. Here are a thread about that: link
Old 10-09-2005, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn thats odd.

* Have you confirmed that the aux device is actually outputing sound?
-- try another aux device, like a portable disk player

*Make sure that the GM9-AUX is firmly connected into the CD-Changer port on the back of the radio and the original CD-Changer harness that went to the radio is plugged into the GM9-AUX.

*If still no sound, then the only other thing I can think of is to disconnect power from the radio for a few minutes. The downside to that (other than losing presets) is that if TeftLoc was setup, the heaunit will be locked when power is returned to it. That can be fixed though. Here are a thread about that: link
thanks..i'll try it this after noon when it stops raining (been raining for 3 days straight )
Old 10-23-2005, 11:02 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Any Luck.

For some odd reason my XM Receiver must have lost power and the Monsoon headunit stopped receving sound. I tested the XM Receiver and it was fine (connected the RCA output from it to a house amp). The Monsoon headunit wouldnt receive the sound until I unplugged it from the car and let it sit for a few minutes. The I replugged it in and reconnected the GM9-AUX. I turned it on and swapped to the CD-Changer Input selection (as opposed to FM/AM or In-Dash CD) but still didnt get sound......about a minute later it just started working. So after all the connected/disconnecting/testing it now works.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any Luck.

For some odd reason my XM Receiver must have lost power and the Monsoon headunit stopped receving sound. I tested the XM Receiver and it was fine (connected the RCA output from it to a house amp). The Monsoon headunit wouldnt receive the sound until I unplugged it from the car and let it sit for a few minutes. The I replugged it in and reconnected the GM9-AUX. I turned it on and swapped to the CD-Changer Input selection (as opposed to FM/AM or In-Dash CD) but still didnt get sound......about a minute later it just started working. So after all the connected/disconnecting/testing it now works.
nope..i have no idea whats wrong with it...maybe the cradle for my sirrus is capable of connecting that way? I may just bring it to the place that i get all my parts from since they mostly do stereo work and he can get it to work..I just didn't want to have to put more cash into it.

Quick Reply: mounting pics of satellite recievers