Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alarm help on my 99 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 11:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm help on my 99 Trans Am

Ok,

I just bought my 99' Trans Am and it has a pretty good alarm system on it. The only thing is I dont have the key fob for it. And im pretty sure it had a key fob at one part of its life.

Whenever I unlock the car I have to put the key in the ignition and turn it or it will go off. Also when I lock the car the lights go up and flash and then go back down.

There are also multiple shock sensors placed on the vehicle. And when my battery was dying the alarm kept doing weird ****. The hatch would pop, the lights would go up and down and the tach would start freaking out with the rpms and speed.

So basically how would i go about getting a new key fob for her?

Thanks Guys
Old 09-07-2005, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

Ok, never mind about the headlight. Found out that its just caused by my bad drivers light motor.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:37 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Is this an aftermarket alarm or the factory one? If it's aftermarket then you'll have to find out what make and model then contact the manufacturer for a replacement key fob. If it's factory then you can get a fob from the dealer (or any number of online places) and program it to match your car.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Cool. Yeah it is factory. I started reading the manual and holy ****...there is a **** load of stuff that goes with this alarm system. I will be going to the dealer and getting one in the next week or so.

Thanks!