Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

rockford or alpine???

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rockford or alpine???

Either i'm looking at rockford speakers and subs, like the t1 sub, or I am looking at getting alpine speakers and alpine type x. But i also dunno if I can use these in a stealth box or just use one dual encolsure filling the hole in the back. If the stealth box worked would one sub be enough? post ur opinions

thanks
Old 10-05-2005, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hello-

you really arent giving us much to work with here. making a quality stereo system is far more complex then just brand selection and where and how many of a speaker you want. but for simplicity purposes i will post what i know and you can choose from there. alpine makes a far superior product in my opinion then rockford. not to say rockford sucks but i prefer alpine. i ran a 10" stealthbox sub with a 300 watt amp and that sufficed for me. i listen to mostly rock like coldplay, dave matthews, and lifehouse so loud thumping bass isnt quite my thing. 2 subs is louder then 1 and noticably so and therefore is a good way to maximize output.

some side notes.
1. your gonna need a head unit and amps to power good speakers
2. do some research on other car audio boards to learn a little more if you are interested in getting the best for your money
Old 10-05-2005, 07:03 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bubba24
Either i'm looking at rockford speakers and subs, like the t1 sub, or I am looking at getting alpine speakers and alpine type x. But i also dunno if I can use these in a stealth box or just use one dual encolsure filling the hole in the back. If the stealth box worked would one sub be enough? post ur opinions

thanks
I doubt a t1 will fit a stealth box. Check out a punch 3 10" or a jl12w6v2 they might work better for you. I had one rockford 10 and 400 watts that would hit in the low 140's.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

okay thanks, I just want to redo all the factory stereo, get a four channel amp for all the speakers or somthing similar that will work get a system with a compenent set so i can have the woofers in the back seat and 6 1/2 for the front and tweeters and maybe put 6X9 in the far back instead of the 5 1/4, then get 2 subs and one big mono amp and fill the the back hole where the t-tops normally go like the custom ones off of subthump, maybe even the t-top box that subthump has. I already had over 2000 $$$ in my other 85 camaro but it got stolen so I am starting from scratch with the new 95 trans am. I had rockford p2 before, but I was looking for something with more power hits harder, that's where I thought rockford p3 or t1 or change the brand to alpine and get the type x. I usually stay with one brand for the speakers, subs amp...
Old 10-05-2005, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out subthump.com. i know hes not a sponsor but since none of our sponsors really offer any similar products i dont think its too big of a deal. moderators feel free to edit if this is inappropriate
Old 10-06-2005, 12:56 AM
On The Tree

i'd take the alpine. every cut away, from every line of the rockford subs at c.e.s., showed just how crappy they are. not a single coil was symmetrical in the gap. aka- the xmax was not linear both directions. varied between 1/4 and 1/3 one way and 3/4 to 2/3 the other. i should have taken pics, but i didn't think they were even worth the space on my camera. when rockford went main stream 15 or so years ago, they went to crap imo. their entry level amps...... on par with boss and legacy. they still have SOME respectable things, but i just lost all respect for them long ago.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

Alpine all the way
Old 10-07-2005, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Alpine or Rockford? The question should be Focal/MB Quart.. or if thats too rich for your blood (as it is mine) ask Memphis/Kicker.