Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

iPod hooked up!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1_SS
what what looks like?
whatever you used to hook up ur ipod that this thread iss talkin about, like a link of where ot get it.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98_Formula
whatever you used to hook up ur ipod that this thread iss talkin about, like a link of where ot get it.
check the 6th post
Old 12-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I-Pod on Formy!!!

I just ordered the AUX/POD for my '99 Formula. I have the stock head unit with cassette player and stock trunk mounted CD changer. As soon as I get it I will let everyone know how it works out. The price was pretty good and I talked to the actual manufacturer of the product to make sure it would work. They assured me it would as long as I have the plug part that connects to the AUX/POD. The plug part is AB-GM9. This applies to all F-bodies from '96-'02.

The only downside is that you will not be able to use your CD changer. They do sell splitters that will allow to maintain control of both your i-pod and the CD changer but you will have to manually control the i-pod instead of doing it through the steering wheel controls. I say toss the CD changer. Less weight too. Wow... CDs are now going the way of the VHS tapes. Who would of ever thought that?

Last edited by Formy; 12-19-2005 at 11:49 PM.