Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Soundgate help

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 12:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Soundgate help

I bought my car, and the steering wheel controls do not work. I bought the PAC kit, and in the process of installing that, I came across a steering wheel control box made by Soundgate, #alsw1. It looked like it was connected correctly, except one wire which I have no idea where it goes. It's a brown wire with some sort of connection on it. There is a minijack plug that goes to the headunit, another wire that looks like it's IR, and then a red and black wire that's connected.
I've checked Soundgate's website for any install help, but there is none. I've also emailed them, and they have not replied back yet. Anyone know how to set them up?
Old 11-30-2005, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, no I don't know the how-to part on the Soundgate install. But, I have been down the road your on somewhat. Back when I purchased my '02 Z28 a yr. ago this past Oct.

Where I made contact w/ Pioneer concerning the HU the pervious owner had installed. They advised me to contact Soundgate concerning a module for re-gain my steerin wheel controls. Which I did but, there was NO local shop that carried the Soundgate module. Thro, this one shop said he had a similar module that would do the thing and cost less. So, I took the Z28 over to the local audio shop and had their module installed. So, I would think any audio shop should be able to help you get the module re-connected.

Like I said, I did e-mail Soundgate and it took 'em a few days to get back to me.

Good luck,
Don
Old 11-30-2005, 10:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah I bought the car in IL, and that's the closest shop is at, which is about 2+ hour drive for me. After checking online a little more, I"m going to go take another stab at it for a little bit.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soundgate ALSW1

JB if you happen to still have this unit I would like to buy it from you. This happens to be the first part i ever engineeded for SoundGate and i dont have a sample of it anymore. Please let me know if by chance you still have it laying around.

Quick Reply: Soundgate help