Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stereo/speaker problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 07:57 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo/speaker problems

I had a 95 Cammaro Z-28 with Bose speakers in the door and rear pillars and a plastic sub box with a 8" speaker on the DS rear. The head unit is a CD player and I found no amp in the car(took all interior out). I am trying to install this in my 96 Camaro Z-28, but only the radio would hook up, everything else would not. The stock CD head unit out of the 95 has very low volume in the 96 and there is no place to hook up the small rear sub box out of the 95 in the 96.

* Is there and easy and cheap way to install the speaker box in the rear of the 96?
* Is the a way to make the stock cd head unit work better(louder) in the 96?

* If no what is a good way to get good sound without breaking the bank?
Old 12-19-2005, 08:40 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts

The Bose system is more than just speakers. It has a special head unit that has high impedance pre-amp output to special speakers that have individual amps (you'll see a little box about the size of a cigarette pack on the back of each speaker). The speakers and amps are "tuned" to work in particular positions in the car. So, in order to use the Bose system in another car you have to take the head unit and all the speakers together. To do this you may have to run your own wires to the back for the sub box.