Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

MP3 player to car

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 12:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default MP3 player to car

I just got an early Christmas present from my lovely fiance. It's a Creative Zen Micro 5GB. I love it already.

I want to know what the best way to hook it up to my car is.

I'm thinking of getting the PIE GM9-AUX ( converts the cd changer input to a RCA input ), powering the player with the car charger, and putting it in the Belkin mount that goes in the cup-holder. Also, I'm going to run the wires under the console as much as I can for a clean install.

Anyone else installed this particular player in their car? If so, how'd ya do it and how'd it work/look. Any pictures?

If no one can help with this topic, I'm going to be the first to write a guide for it. I need to get my Christmas cash first though.

Thanks for any help I get in advance.

Allen
Old 01-12-2006, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUBT IT
I just got an early Christmas present from my lovely fiance. It's a Creative Zen Micro 5GB. I love it already.

I want to know what the best way to hook it up to my car is.

I'm thinking of getting the PIE GM9-AUX ( converts the cd changer input to a RCA input ), powering the player with the car charger, and putting it in the Belkin mount that goes in the cup-holder. Also, I'm going to run the wires under the console as much as I can for a clean install.

Anyone else installed this particular player in their car? If so, how'd ya do it and how'd it work/look. Any pictures?

If no one can help with this topic, I'm going to be the first to write a guide for it. I need to get my Christmas cash first though.

Thanks for any help I get in advance.

Allen
Hey, I got the 6gb zen micro for Christmas and plan on doing the same thing that you described. The PIE is already on its way. A Belkin FM transmitter was given to me w/ the zen but I was ready to ditch it after the first day (to much static for me and goes through batteries way too fast). Were you able to find a zen micro specific cup holder mount? Or did you find one for another model that was close enough? I haven't found one specifically for the micro model. I was able to find some universal vent clip-on holders on the internet but am not sure how well the mount would hold when clipped to the vent.