Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Getting speaker wire into the door

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 12:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting speaker wire into the door

What is the easiest way to run the new wire into the door. I know its going to go through the little rubber tube thing, but what is the easiest way to get it through there? If anybody could answer this one for me Id really appreciate it, its holding me up.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:25 PM
12 Second Club

I usually tape the wire to a coat hanger or other stiff piece of wire and feed it through that way. There's probably better ways but that works for me.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GETGONE
I usually tape the wire to a coat hanger or other stiff piece of wire and feed it through that way. There's probably better ways but that works for me.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Staging Lane

Yea, thats what i usually use but didnt have any and was hoping for another idea. Instead i used a plastic one, just cut the flat part on the bottom out. It actually worked better that a metal one because i could bend it to get the wire undone from the end, and it would straighten itself back out to go back through. Kind of hard to explain, but try it and you'll see what i mean.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

The easiest way that i have found is to pull the side of the boot that is closest to the car. That way the boot is free so you can move it around how you like.